We need kids!
We're looking for 3 kids for a performance at the opening of the Expressions of Research show at Bath Uni on Thurs 19th, free pizza, think yours/any you know might be up for it?
One of the Expressions of Research Artists, Amelia Beavis-Harrison is looking for some kids for a performance. The project, entitled Job Centre Junior is about the elasticity of child poverty, and how people inevitably get drawn back in to it.
About the performance:
- a piece of text (see here, pages 7-12 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1GU0CcYIgooa2x4dndqZFZab0F5VDAwTXZtRHJzYWJHbDQ4/view?usp=sharing)
- to be read by 3 children
- old enough to understand the script language
- young enough to not look like teenagers
- happy to be filmed and photographed (with parental/guardian consent)
- one performance on the PV night, 19/01
- one closed-off filmed performance, for documentation, date to suit participants
Amelia is based in Oslo, she will be in Bath 15-20th to work with participants, but can be contacted and Skyped in to meantime. Amelia's project blog is here: www.fringeartsbath.co.uk/casp
There's a bit about Amelia here too:www.axisweb.org/thinking-and-ideas/2016/04/artist-of-the-month-amelia-beavis-harrison
The Expressions of Research show is taking place 18-25th Jan at Edge Arts, Bath Uni, showcasing the results of year-long collaborations between 5 Artists and 5 research centres. The show will go on to tour B&NES too.
Please contact Scarlett Mosnier firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to get involved or with any questions. Thanks!