How to apply to Doorways
Thinking of applying to 'Doorways' for FaB 2018? Glad to hear it. Here's your FAQs answered...
How do I apply?
Please email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your submission must include:
- For artwork, sculpture, models etc: a high resolution photograph clearly showing the work you would like to exhibit. For poetry: the full text of your poem.
- A description of your work, in up to 500 words, outlining how it responds to the brief, full details of the materials used and dimensions of the work, and, if appropriate, any specific hanging, handling or exhibiting instructions.
- Your full contact details (incl email and mobile) plus a short CV or link to your website (we'd just like to know a little bit about you and your practice).
- Photographs should be submitted as JPEGs, written files should be submitted as PDF or MS Word. Please include your name in every file name (eg smith.pdf).
- Please send postal submissions to: Doorways, Fringe Arts Bath, 103 Walcott St, Bath BA1 5BW. Please include an SAE if you want submissions returned.
What artistic media can I use?
Your work can be painting or drawing in any medium, printmaking (including digital prints), sculpture in any medium (or maquettes), glass, ceramics, textiles, photography, architectural drawings or models, poetry.
When’s the deadline?
Submissions must be received by no later than 5pm on 20th March 2018.
What does it cost?
It’s completely free to submit proposals. If you are selected, there is a £20 admin charge. We'll also ask you to commit some time to helping with the exhibition, including as much time helping to steward the exhibition during the festival as you can spare.
When will I hear if I’ve been selected?
We’re aiming to make initial selections by April and we’ll be in touch then if you have been successful. Sorry but we won’t be able to get back to unsuccessful artists.
Can I submit more than one piece of work?
You can submit as many entries as you like! Each piece of work must be submitted separately, as set out above.
When will the work be exhibited?
‘Doorways' is part of the Fringe Arts Bath festival 2018. Work will be put up on Friday 25th May and taken down on Sunday 10th June 2018. Your work will need to be available for exhibition for this entire period.
You will need to be available to arrange for the work to be delivered, unpacked and installed in the days before it starts, and to make arrangements to pick it up afterwards. Getting your work to the exhibition and taking it away at the end is your responsibility.
Where in Bath will the work be exhibited?
We don’t know yet! Fringe Arts Bath festival typically occupies ‘alternative’ exhibition spaces across the city, such as empty shops, basements, pubs and other unusual venues as well as more traditional gallery spaces (our exhibition last year was in an empty shop on Walcott Street!) We’ll let you know when we know!
Will I need to be available during the festival?
If at all possible, yes. We'll ask our successful artists could be part of the festival, helping us steward the exhibition. We’d love it even more if you could take part in an event, talk or discussion about your work. This is not a condition of entry, but if you’d be interested in doing something like this please let us know in your submission.
Questions? Concerns? Want more details? Get in touch!
Follow us through this blog or on twitter: @DoorwaysArt2018 where we’ll keep you up to date with information, inspiration and progress.
And if you’ve got any questions please drop us an email: email@example.com